Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Will De-Gentrify You With My Ghetto Renter Powers

8,687 homes empty in Jackson County; one in seven houses are vacant in city

But don't even think about renting them out, especially not to poor people.


I would guess that southbeagle also opposes cash-grant and subsidized-loan programs that bring the cost of real estate within the reach of low-income families. Can't have the government coddling people, but then you can't have people renting houses. Such a bind!


Vacant houses attract raccoons, vandals, and crackheads; these, however, are preferable to actual rent-paying tenants.


Learning that my friends and I are personally working towards the destruction of our respective neighborhoods really brightened my day. I had no idea we possessed such power!

2 comments:

  1. Abandoned house are the worst period, trust me I can vouch for this in suburbia. It's probably just racist "code" talk above from those posters anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devil's advocate here, but I will say that in my experience as a cabdriver, in the hood, it's always the rental neighborhoods that were the rowdiest, so there is a bit of truth there. Let's say you have the 800-1200 blocks of Sherman and that's always always quiet and is relatively low crime because the residents own their houses. Next block down, on Thomas, crazy people, drug house, ect. That's a street with primarily rental property. Therefore the only obvious solution is to empty the rental house and put the all people in prison camps.

    ReplyDelete